Thursday 27 July 2017

School's Out!

What a difference not working makes!! I suddenly have all the time in the world to do things I want to do and at my own pace instead of a mad rush! I wish the school holidays could go on until Christmas!

I've caught up with lots of jobs and paperwork, started subbing the Autumn issue of Queen Bee and best of all, resumed writing my fourth novel, whose working title is Airtight. I have written just over 30,000 words in total and am very much enjoying developing the story as I tap away. I have each chapter mapped out already but every now and then, I feel like taking the story in a different direction and change things slightly. What I am unsure of is the ending. I have drafted two endings. And there could be a third if I decide there needs to be a happy ending :)

My main character, Judith, is a prim and proper school teacher who also works as a church warden in her local parish. After overhearing her colleagues gossiping about her and calling her names, she decides to reinvent herself and start a new life. Her decision changes her life completely but quite unexpectedly takes a sinister turn and she becomes part of a scene she never knew even existed. Her Christianity is questioned and she starts living a double life. 

I guess I will choose which ending to use when I get to the final chapter! Until then, I have no idea how this story will end!

Together with writing Airtight, I am spending a few hours here and there writing for a fun project I have on the back burner. The idea came to me during a literacy lesson just before we broke up for the holidays and my plan is to write a novelty book that would be brilliant as a stocking filler at Christmas or a quirky little gift for any occasion. Strictly for adults of course... no children allowed!!

Here's to a very busy but very relaxed summer of writing!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy, it's David (the owner of the lovely van). I tried to answer your email but it keeps bouncing back... how can I reach out to you?
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete